Vacancy Position/Title: Board Operator/Producer
Details: Mid-West Family Northern Illinois is looking for talented individuals to join our staff as Board Operator/Producer for assigned shifts in
Rockford and DeKalb including NIU Football, Basketball, and
Rockford IceHogs games.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Date Posted: 7/27/2023
Closing Date: 8/31/2023
Experience: Preferred Experience:
- Must be able to take directions, computer savvy and solid social
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, weekends,
vacation fill-in and holidays.
- Passion for Sports with a focus on NIU Athletics.
- Previous experience running a studio board preferred, along with
comfort/familiarity/proficiency in editing play-by-play highlights and
interviews using a digital editing program such as Adobe Audition
or Pro Tools is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess general radio studio knowledge,
with emphasis on running a soundboard for sports broadcasts
- Minimum Education Level: HS diploma or equivalent.
- A valid license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record
check, and, if the position requires use of own vehicle, proof of
insurance, is required.
- Board Operators are responsible for running the control board,
following station and game format, arranging and playing
commercials and IDs according to the program and commercial
logs, following applicable laws and FCC regulations
7/27/23, 12:53 PM EEO Compliance from Broadcast1Source
- In addition, you may help administer contests, answer listener
phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows, operate satellite
receivers, take transmitter readings, conduct EAS tests, etc.
- Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and
outgoing on-air programming form master control room.
- Process time-out programming for accurate playback.
- Monitor/check studio equipment for proper functioning and notify
Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the
Contact Details: If interested, please send your resume to Robby Cruz at email@example.com.