Dairy Depot’s opening night is May 22nd at 4 pm! But before you start screaming for ice cream, there are a few protocols you need to follow beforehand.
To help protect their employees and customers, Dairy Depot has implemented new health-safety and social-distancing measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. To help limit touchpoints between employees and customers, Dairy Depot has added a new
credit/debit card payment option from being a “cash only” business. Dairy Depot now accepts Visa,
MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
2. New technology tools available through The Parks Chamber of Commerce allow customers to place
orders from a safe distance, without having to stand in line at walk-up windows. Yard signs placed all around the building will instruct customers to either:
You can also TEXT the word DAIRYDEPOT to 72727 (customers will immediately receive a link
via text to Dairy Depot’s new web-based mobile app that has a new “Place Your
b. Visit DairyDepotLovesPark.com (customers will see a “Place Your Order” button on the landing page)
Dairy Depot employees will then text or call customers on their mobile phones, instructing
them that their order is ready for payment and pick up at a designated walk-up window
3. For customers unable to access technology tools to place their orders from a safe distance, signage
on walk-up windows will instruct them to use a designated window to “place” their orders, while all
other customers will go to the other designated window to “pick up” their orders.
4. Non-slip social-distancing floor decals will be spaced six feet apart going out from each walk-up
window, thanking customers for practicing social distancing with us.
5. All employees will be required to take their temperature upon arrival, including when they return
from taking breaks. Employees will also be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
including gloves and masks. Designated employees that interact with customers will not be making
ice cream treats, and designated employees making ice cream treats will not be interacting with
6. Employees will ensure that extra cleaning and sanitizing practices will occur in addition to limiting
contact with customers.
7. Dairy Depot will continue to follow guidelines set by the State of Illinois and the Winnebago County
Health Department. Outdoor seating will not be provided for customers until allowed by the
ANNOUNCING NEW MENU ITEMS
Dairy Depot is pleased to announce the following new menu items for 2020 while supplies last:
- Family Survival Kit: Contains two Pints of Ice Cream, cones or cups, sprinkles, twinkles, M&M’s,
and gummy worms plus spoons and napkins; all packaged in a box
- Mint Cookie Craze Flurry: Made with Grasshopper Ice Cream (available only when designated as
weekly special) and Thin Mint Cookies (in support of local Girl Scout Troop # 967)
- Cherry Dole Whip: Featuring Dole’s new flavor of soft serve that is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and
- Cherry Lime Float: Made with Cherry and Lime Dole Whip twist soft serve and Sierra Mist
ABOUT DAIRY DEPOT
Dairy Depot is a seasonal, soft-serve, walk-up window ice cream parlor located in Loves Park, Illinois.
Open seven days a week during summer months between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends, Dairy
Depot welcomes hundreds of daily customers, who enjoy vanilla, chocolate, twist, and a weekly special flavor of ice cream treats.